Friday, May 14, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Green


Lest Kara is too bashful to post this, I thought I'd beat her to the punch. Last week we attended a ward talent show and Kara performed Loathing from Wicked with one of her friends. I told Kara that it was perfectly fine to just sing the song -- but of course that wasn't good enough -- they had to put on a little "Broadway." Kara played the part of Elphaba and, yes, even painted her face green, and her friend played the part of Galinda. The girls did a fantastic job (not surprisingly) and sounded terrific together.

Seth, who hadn't seen Kara until she took the stage, however, did not think the performance was terrific at all. He jumped on my lap and asked me repeatedly, "What's wrong with mommy? Why is her face green?" When Kara left the stage to sit with us, Seth retreated from her and didn't want anything to do with a green-faced mom. He was very glad the soap worked that night and the paint came off (as was I).

2 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome! I wish we could have seen it!

Ned and Linda said...

Oh to have been there!